Not Supported Features
Because TurboIRC 7 is rewritten from scratch using new compiler, styles, code libraries and user interface, it will lack some deprecated features found in previous TurboIRC versions. Such features include the following:
- Windows 9x/ME is no longer supported. TurboIRC 7 is a native unicode application.
- IRCX support is removed from the GUI. IRCX commands and events are still supported, but all dialogs controlling IRCX features have been removed.
- Encrypted Queries are removed. Use Encrypted DCC chat instead.
- All configuration is stored in a single XML file inside your user directory.
- The Inteface has changed to be MDI - as of that, all features that control the UI appearance are removed, since TurboIRC 7 UI appearance is now controlled from Windows.
- Extended skin support is no longer needed as in XP and vista, there are already skinning themes.
- The Preferences dialog box is now XML - based (tree).
- All code that implements unicode over ANSI is removed. This code was maintained for compatibility with Windows 9x/ME. Now TurboIRC is fully unicode, and with /utf8 it converts all IRC messages to UTF-8.
- Custom toolbars support is removed.
- Some IRC effects (like the animation) are removed. Also all key combinations that implement unicode/utf8 are removed, since TurboIRC 7 is unicode - native.
- All proprietary encryption schemes are removed - AES 256 is now used along with SSL DCC chats.
- All user - dependent stuff is removed. TurboIRC now stores its configuration files in the current user's directory / favorites.
- Fileserver is removed - almost no one uses IRC today for warez :)
- DCC linking is removed ; use a channel.
- Compressed file transfer is also removed ; most files today are already compressed.
- Logging has been simplified ; UTF-8 logging is default.
- Protected logging is write-once ; AES-256 encrypted.
- ICC (Indirect transfers and chat) is not anymore compatible with TurboIRC 6 , as in TurboIRC 7 it is enhanced to be more flexible.
- In place embedded objects (storages, images, voice messages etc) are not compatible with TurboIR 6. If you need to transfer such items, use DCC.
What about existing plugins in TurboIRC 6?
- Skinning plugins will be removed
- Inline midi/Alta/Speech to text/Text to speech/Lan config plugins are now embedded feature in TurboIRC 7.
- SSL is supported natively.
- URL catcher is removed ; use the logging feature.
- Country show is supported
- Google plugin is embedded
- News feeder is not supported
- ICQ plugin is not supported
- Make TRC / MakeSki have been upgraded and they are natively supported.
- LagMeter will be embedded.
- Charge checker is removed.
- Popups are supported.
- FTP , Chess and Reversi are removed.
- Process Walk will be removed.
Because I understand that some of you might need one or more of the removed features, I will keep TurboIRC 6 support and downloads as well.