Remote mapping is a TP feature that allows external actions to be mapped to controls. This allows you to control TP controls over TCP/IP or over Bluetooth. You can load/save presets for the remote map and/or save/load presets from a file.
The fields of this map are:
- Target is the control which this map controls, or a script command. What is available here depends on your loaded drivers, VSTS, and tracks. For more, see Scripts.
- Target Type is the type of the controller
- 0 - Slider (from 0 min to 127 max). This can be mapped to VST sliders and also Turbo Play volume controls.
- 1 - Slider (negative/positive values). This can be mapped to controls that have positive/negative values. Some MIDI hardware controllers have these controls.
- 2 - Key on (note). This can be mapped to TP menu commands, or Script and other commands (see Scripts).
- 3 - MIDI event. This allows a remote MIDI controller to send MIDI events to TP.
- 4 - Function Call. Calls a script function (see Scripts) with parameters $value.
The dialog box allows you to:
- Load defaults
- Apply "static" or "learning" to selected values,
- Save or load a mapping to a TPRMAP file. Note that the mapping is also saved in the TP project file.
- Reload the current map or discard changes.
Remote Map Presets can also be loaded from Scripts.
By pressing the "Configure" button, you can configure the remote server settings. TP support listening to IPv4, IPv6 and bluetooth.
The author provides remote clients for Windows and Mobile Devices (such as Android) that are able to control TP remotely and also, the protocol used is available to anyone that wishes to create its own controll.er
For more, contact the author through TP website: http://www.turboirc.com/tp.