The transporter window offers the following functions:
- Timer - Allows the sequence to start at a specific position (you can either use a time format or a measure|beat format, for example 00.00.10:000 for 10 seconds or 5|1 to stop at measure 5).
- Count in - The number of beats to count in before the sequencer is started.
- Metronome Toggle - Toggles the metronome. To configure the metronome see Options.
- Home (Ctrl+Home) - Goes to the beginning of the sequence.
- Previous Marker (Ctrl+Left)- Goes to the previous marker. If there are no markers, it goes to 0.
- Previous Measure (Ctrl+Shift+Left) - Goes to the previous measure.
- Router - Starts the router without playing or recording (useful for device and VST testing). For more, see Router.
- Stop (Esc) - Stops the sequencer.
- Pause/Resume (Space) - Pauses/Resumes the sequencer. All streams and devices are paused or resumed.
- Run (Record) (F5) - Starts or resumes the sequencer. If there is a selection in the track manager , the router is stopped when the time gets past the selection. If a track is armed for recording (See Track Switching) and there are links to it via the router, it records.
- Run (Play) (Space) - Same as record, but all tracks are switched to "Play" mode. Nothing is actually written to them.
- Next Measure (Ctrl+Shift+Right) - Goes to the next measure.
- Next Marker (Ctrl+Right)- Goes to the previous marker, if any.
- End (Ctrl+End)- Goes to the end of the sequence (the end is calculated by calculating the length of loaded input streams) , but it does not stop the router.
- Hold Enable (H) - When this button is enabled and you press it, Turbo Play executes a progressive ritenuto to the end of the current measure.
- Record "What you hear" , to quickly save what you hear in audio files.
- Offline Run - for entering offline running mode.
Advanced Specific pauses (found in the Transporter menu):
- Pause/Resume Midi In - Pauses all midi input streams (the rest of the devices continue). This is useful if you want to temporarily pause the midi stream but otherwise keep recording to a file.
- Pause/Resume Audio In - Pauses all audio input streams (the rest of the devices continue). This is useful if you want to temporarily pause the audio stream but otherwise keep recording to a file.
- Pause/Resume Midi Out - Pauses all midi ouput streams (the rest of the devices continue). Nothing is written to the file. If you want to write silence to the file instead, use the Track Manager mute button.
Note: this feature is not currently implemented. Even if you pause the midi out file, silence is still written. It will be implemented in future updates.
- Pause/Resume Audio In - Pauses all audio output streams (the rest of the devices continue). Nothing is written to the file. If you want to write silence to the file instead, use the Track Manager mute button.
The Transporter also shows menus about metronome, sound stream and timeout values.